Buy Live Silver Nile Tilapia FingerlingsJanuary 9th, 2013 by Craig Mullins
Similar to the Blue variety
These fingerlings grow fast
They are an option where Blue Tilapia are not permitted.
They are the fish of choice at the University of the Virgin Islands Aquaculture program.
Qty 15 – Tank size 50-150 Gallons
Qty 25 – Tank size 75-200 Gallons
Qty 50 – Tank size 200-500 Gallons
Qty 75 – Tank size 300-600 Gallons
Qty 100 – Tank size 400-800 Gallons
Qty 200 – Tank size 800-1600 Gallons
Qty 500 – Tank size 2000-4000 Gallons
Qty 1,000 – Tank size 4000-8000 Gallons
When you order your fish from The Aquaponic Source here is what you can expect …
- You can establish a sustainable, reproducing colony (approximately 50/50 male/female), and be sure that the stock we provide are raised in controlled, contained and secure facilities free from disease risk. We start aquaponic gardeners out with the best possible source of fish in every way possible, and for this price, that’s pretty hard to beat.
- Our fish are all hormone and GMO free.
- Guaranteed live arrival of your fish.
- The hatchery carefully packs your fish for shipping in a special shipping container with just the right amount of water and pure oxygen. There is no extra materials or handling charge for this box (some vendors add an extra box fee or handling charge at checkout)
- During the winter months, when temperatures are on the low side, they also place a special heat pack in the container just to make sure your fish travel as safely and comfortably as possible.
- You will typically receive some extra fish to take care of that extremely rare occasion when a few of them don’t make the trip alive. Usually this just means you get a few extra free fish as they rarely experience mortalities in transit.
How much will shipping be?
- All of our fish ship via USPS Express Mail .
- Shipping is a flat rate of $49 for all quantities up to 100 fish, except for catfish. Because the catfish are 2″ – 3″ in size they can only safely fit 50 in a box so quantities of 75 and 100 catfish ship in two boxes and cost $98 to ship. For quantities greater than 100, the shipping rates are as follows: $89.00 for 200, $149.00 for 500 and $199.00 for 1000.
- The hatchery carefully packs your fish in a special shipping container with just the right amount of water and pure oxygen and ships them to you.
When will my fish arrive?
- Orders for 100 fingerlings or less that are received by Sunday 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time will be delivered to you Thursday of the same week. Those received after 5:00 pm will deliver the following Thursday.
- Orders for more than 100 fingerlings require an extra week for delivery. So those received by 5:00 pm Sunday will arrive Thursday of the following week.
What if my state doesn’t allow the fish I order to be imported?
You are responsible for understanding the fish import regulations for your state. If there is any question as to whether the fish you order can be legally shipped over your state borders please contact your fish and game department to learn more before ordering.
Please note that we only ship to the 48 contiguous United States.
What do I feed them once they arrive?
- We recommend our Tilapia StrongStart Fingerling Crumble for the tilapia, bluegill and catfish. It is a premium quality fish feed made in small batches by a family-owned producer in Missouri.
Tell me more about the live arrival guarantee
- We will replace fish or provide a refund for any shortages due to mortalities within 2 hours of arrival.
- We do however reserve the right to decide which (refund or replacement) is most appropriate/feasible for each situation.
- Shipping costs are non-refundable, and buyer will be responsible for paying shipping costs for any replacement fish.
- We require photographic proof of dead fish before we will approve a refund or replacement. Please place the fish on a white back ground to photograph them rather leaving them in the tank. We muse be able to count the dead fish in the photo.
- You must be present at the delivery location and physically receive the container of fish at the time of delivery as well as promptly place them in a suitable container (fish tank, aquarium, etc.) to qualify for refund or replacement.
- If your fish package arrives damaged please be sure to make a notification upon receipt.
- Please note, we can’t be responsible for fish left on front porches or similar areas. Sometimes fish will appear to be dead when in the bag when in fact they are not (they could just be stunned from the handling in transit), so regardless of what they look like in the bag, float the bag in your tank of warm (80-84 degree), aerated, conditioned and chlorine free water for 15 minutes and then release them into the tank.
- Please note that you must report any losses within 4 hours of receiving your fish. Official receipt time is considered to be the time and date stamp recorded by the shipping provider at time of delivery.