Free Social Media Workshop for California Farmers And Ranchers By The California Agricultural Communications CoalitionJune 22nd, 2011 by Craig Mullins
Social media must really be where it’s at if farmers are getting involved!
The Social Media Workshop for California Farmers and Ranchers is a free, one full-day, hands-on social media workshop put on by the California Agricultural Communications Coalition (CACC), which has been designed specifically for farmers and ranchers.
Created as an offshoot of the recent launch of the website Know A California Farmer; a place where ranchers and farmers can share their stories with consumers directly, the main goal of the workshop is to provide the farming industry with the required knowledge and skills to effectively use social media to improve the public’s perception of agriculture in California.
Some of the topics to be covered include:
– Fundamentals of Facebook and Twitter
– How to develop and leverage social media networks to push content out to consumers
– How to generate thoughtful social media content (i.e. blogs, videos, photos) around the issues facing California agriculture
– Best management practices for engaging in constructive online conversations with consumers
– How to use social media to increase sales and improve your bottom line
The next seminar is in Modesto, CA:
DATE: Thursday, June 23rd, 2011
TIME: 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (lunch and refreshments will be provided)
Doubletree Hotel Modesto
1150 Ninth St.
Modesto, CA 95354
For more information on a workshop in your area, Ask A Farmer here.
If you’re a farmer, rancher, or involved in agriculture in another form and are looking for a way to get started online with you own website, Mullins Farms is able to help! Through basic web design, social media activity, and search engine optimization – including SEO for your local farming area – Mullins Farms can set you on the right path. For more information check out our WordPress Setup