Electronic Insect Killers And Electric Bug ZappersJanuary 4th, 2012 by Craig Mullins
Warm summer nights are great. Until the mosquitoes come out, that is.
They buzz around, apparently knowing exactly where your ear is; and it seems that no amount of swatting achieves your goal of making the pesky insects go away for good.
And there’s certainly nothing more annoying than not realizing a mosquito has landed on you and feasted on your blood until the red puffy bite appears on your skin.
Did you know that some of the most harmful human and livestock diseases are transmitted by mosquitoes when they feed? Said diseases can be so bad in fact, that some experts believe that disease-carrying mosquitoes are the most dangerous animals on earth.
Diseases that could be carried by mosquitoes and spread from person to person via the insect include:
West Nile Virus
It is estimated that mosquitoes transmit diseases to more than 700 million people annually in Africa, South America, Central America, Mexico, Russia and much of Asia. Sadly, at least 2 million people infected with diseases by mosquitoes each year will lose their lives.
But before you freak out and convince yourself that mosquitoes will be the death of you, there are easy ways to keep the bugs at bay.
Namely, electric bug zappers.
The Flowtron electronic insect killer is just what you need to remove pesky insects from the guest list at your next picnic or outdoor get-together. This device uses no fogs, sprays, or poisons and comes completely assembled and ready for use. The unit plugs into a standard electrical socket and operates for only pennies a day. It utilizes a high-intensity black light bulb to lure and eliminate light-sensitive flying insects and is designed to protect an area of up to 1-1/2 acres. An exclusive mosquito-attractant cartridge, activated when the unit is turned on, is also included. The unit’s high-efficiency vertical grid eliminates clogging that can cause short-circuits or flare-up of insect remains, and a protective outer enclosure prevents injury to children, pets, birds, and wildlife. The durable casing is rainproof and rustproof for years of trouble-free operation. A two-year limited manufacturer’s warranty is included.
Keep the bug zapper 25 feet from your house and near the wooded area where the bugs are.
- Advanced electronic insect control; non clogging killing grid; 1/2-acre killing radius
- Recommended not to be used within 25-feet of area intended for human activity, should not be attached to house or deck or other structures
- Instantaneous operation, continuous and uninterrupted service
- Uses a 15-watt bulb
- Measures 9.2 by 9.2 by 13 inches
- Advanced Electronic Insect Control
- Non Clogging Killing Grid
- 1 Acre Killing Radius
- Instantaneous Operation,Continuous and Uninterrupted Service
- 40 watt Bulb
- High efficiency, non-clogging killing grid
- Rugged, weatherproof construction; will not rust, crack or fade
- Easy bulb replacement
- Operates for only pennies a day
- Unit dimensions: 11″ X 11″ X 18 1/2″
Don’t forget to get extra Mosquito Attractant Cartridges!
- Remains effective for up to three months
- Convenient 6-pack
- For use with electronic insect killers
- Safe and easy to install
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island